By ls-team | 6:04 pm
- Seek a Nephrology consultation as soon as possible
- Choose a healthcare team that specializes in your stage of kidney disease.
- Stay active and if possible, exercise.
- Stay hydrated
- Learn about your diet options, which will depend on your stage of CKD. You may need to limit foods that are high in protein, saturated fats, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium, all of which can put extra strain on your kidneys. If you need help managing a kidney diet, use DaVita Diet HelperTM, a tool that makes it easy to plan meals, track your nutrients and more.
- Take medications as prescribed by your doctor.
- Getting educated about medications when you have renal disease is very important. Some prescription and over-the-counter medicines and herbal supplements can be very harmful. Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any new medications.
- Maintain your scheduled appointments with your nephrology team